The main approaches that our physiotherapists use:
• Exercise – To strengthen weak muscles and prevent reoccurrence of injury
• Mobilisation techniques – To reduce stiffness and joints which increases the range of movement available.
• Manual Therapy Techniques – Where the physiotherapist aids recovery by using their hands to relieve muscle pain and stiffness, and encourage blood flow to an injured part of the body
• Acupuncture – Used to relieve pain and muscle tension currently recommended in the NICE guidance for the treatment of non specific lower back pain and headaches
• Ultrasound – To speed up and optimise the repair of ligaments and tendons
• Education - To help you to understand the nature of your problem and how to best self manage and prevent further flares or reoccurrence.